Monday, September 20, 2010

My kid the booger eater…

I’ve been told that one of the most disappointing parts of being a parent is when your child doesn’t do what you thought he/she would do. All you want is for them to be gentle, kind, respectful, etc… And then what do they do? They eat their boogers.

I’m hoping Gianni isn’t the ring leader with this and that he picked this up from some nasty little boy at school, but yes, he’s started to eat his boogers. It grosses me out to even type this. He blows his nose like a good little boy, but every now and then, he picks. And lately he pretends, and sometimes succeeds in eating his you know what.

I’m learning not to react because it only encourages him to do this even more. I even threatened him with no kisses all day because he has ‘booger breath’. This has resulted in him chasing me around the house attempting to kiss my leg, arm or any body part he can get to :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment