For being busy! Honestly, since the day before Thanksgiving (arrival of beautiful Lily!), we have been running around like chickens with our heads cutoff. We haven’t sat down to have dinner as a family in weeks, are eating poorly and are exhausted each night. I love this time of the year (drinks and dinners!), but would like a little relief.
We like to have dinner as a family and think it’s important for G. The problem is, if I race home and attempt (yes, I said ‘attempt’) to make dinner, great. If I don’t, dinner as a family just doesn’t happen - we’re stuck eating crappy dinner or takeout. I’d love to think I could whip up a crockpot dinner, but that would require preparation in the AM and that’s time I just don’t have. I have no idea how Linda did it – yes, she got home from work earlier than I, but we had a full dinner as a family each and every night.
What are some of your tricks, recipes or secrets to making sure you have dinner as a family?
Hey take-out counts as a family dinner!! I think it is more about the time spent around the table together! Chatting, looking at each other etc!
ReplyDeleteI will pat myself on the back for this one! My family gets a nice meal most nights. The key is planning ahead and finding recipes that fit into your schedule. And, yes, the crock pot is amazing! I usually prep the pot as Jackson is eating or breakfast is cooking. We do alot of grilling, even in the snow. Easy prep and clean up. Sometimes, we have quickie meals like sauteeing up some kielbasa and kraut in pan. Pasta is always a good easy one too but not too many days due to carb overload! Make sauce on a sunday and freeze it. Then heat it before use during the week.
ReplyDelete