What happens in kids minds when they all of a sudden become anti something? I understand that they’re pushing for independence, but it’s almost as if they have an aversion (remember those when you were preggers?!). Well right now G HATES buttons. To the point in which he would be a perfect candidate for one of those crazy Maury Povich shows for his fear. I’m not kidding. He starts to ‘cry’ (I say it that way because it’s forced/almost fake), begs and pleads to wear a different shirt. I can try to persuade him and promise that I won’t button them, but no go. I remember the little boy of one of my friends went through something similar with only drinking out of a blue or green cup. Craziness! So if you're looking to buy G any clothes this spring, please make sure there are NO BUTTONS! Ha!
What anti or Rainman type idiosyncrasies has your little one gone through? ;-)
HA! How about I am STILL anti-button and I am almost 36! Guess that's what 8 years at a catholic school in a uniform every day does to one! You will never, ever see me in a button down, polo, or anything of the like!
ReplyDeleteRight now, Jackson is ANTI-LISTENING! We are having a bit of a rough time because now we have to follow through on our threats which is hard! He had a birthday party to go to yesterday and would not eat his breakfast. He then told me he promised he would eat the pizza at the party. Party time came, pizza was dished out and he said, "I don't want to eat." I told him if he did not eat the pizza he would not get cake. He chose and he did not get cake. He put his head down the whole time the kids were eating cake cause he felt bad he could not participate. I felt really mean, but I had to stick to my guns.
@Jennifer: I'm learning alllllll about carrying through with threats and taking away the fun. Someone once told me that it's all about sticking to your guns. Congrats on that, even though it was tough! We currently have a 'spitting' problem, as well as a listening problem. Oh the joys of parenthood :)
ReplyDelete