Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Damn It

Leave it to L to use 4 swear words in the matter of 1 hour the other morning.  Ever since, G has been obsessed with saying ‘damn it’ any chance he gets.  It’s gotten so bad that I threatened to put soap in his mouth.  Well, that threat became a reality the other evening. 

G had said it one too many times.  I asked him nicely to stop, but he didn’t.  In fact, he coyly laid on his beanbag chair and whispered it under his breath, glancing at me to see if I noticed.  I was tired of holding back my laughter and told him if he said it again, it was timeout.  Timeout immediately followed.  He counted his way out of timeout and said it again.  I couldn’t hold back my laughter but told him if it happened again, he was getting soap in his mouth.

Well, after saying it a handful more times while in the tub, I said – “That’s it!  You aren’t listening.  You’re getting soap in your mouth.”  He opened his mouth, closed it on the bar of soap and took it!  He took it!  What the heck?!  He’s 2?!!?!  I quickly took it out of his mouth and instantly felt horrible.  He spit once and asked for a paper towel.  I handed him a hand towel to wipe his tongue.  He looked at me with a serious face and said “I NOT say damn it mommy”…  And I of course busted up laughing. 

Scoreboard
Gianni – 1
Mommy – 0

1 comment:

  1. HA!!!! I had soap in my mouth sooo many times as a kid!!!! Can't wait til it get warms to go out and play with him again!

    ReplyDelete