It was a busy weekend for us but aren't they all once temperatures reach over 65?! I had a Picture People coupon that was expiring, so we took G to the burbs to have his photo taken. NIGHTMARE. He was pretty bad during the session (rotten). Well, I shouldn’t say that. He acted like any 2 ¾ year old would act when asked to take his picture while a playground, train and candy store were within eyesight (read: suburban malls!). One little story to share… While G was not listening and begging to hit the candy store, I grabbed his arm and got down to eye level to have a stern talking to him (through my teeth of course…). During this ‘talk’ we exchanged the following:
Me: “Gianni, you are not listening and getting candy is out of the question”
Gianni: “Mommy, I’m fared” (scared)
Me: “What are you scared of Gianni”
Gianni: “You Mommy...”
Me: “As you should be…”
Luckily, he’s pretty photogenic so the 16 or so shots we did get were great! Once we finished up at the mall (no candy store visit), we did take G to McDonald’s for lunch. The kid has eaten there ONCE on a road trip to Cleveland, but how crazy is it that he knew exactly what it was when we were pulling up?! A plain cheeseburger and apple slices later, we were ready for Aunt Kelly’s house. G always has such a blast when visiting the suburbs. He adores my friend Kelly’s niece and nephew and they’re just great with him (read: babysitters!). Later that night, G experienced his first ice cream truck. I absolutely love the moment he and I had chasing after the ice cream truck and letting him pick something out (creamsicle). Oh suburban living J
Last but not least, Father’s Day was spent relaxing with breakfast at home, cards for Daddy and a trip to Mario’s Italian Ice - exactly what Daddy ordered! We then spent the late afternoon/evening with friends grilling out and relaxing. I had a photo of daddy and g to post, but daddy nixed it... He didn't think he was pretty enough for it J ha! What a perfect weekend!
I hope you all had a fabulous weekend and Father's Day was lovely!
Sounds like a great weekend . . . we have nice affordable "burbs" here in Cleveland . . . miss you guys. Just sayin.
ReplyDeleteAnd I'm with G on being scared of you! You know where I get that from - stories I won't even bother posting on here!
I love this!!! I literally laughed out loud and can picture him acting just the way you describe!!!
ReplyDelete