Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Giuliana - 1 Year (and a VERY late post!) 3/16/13


20 lb 13 oz (70%) 31 1/8 in (95%)

Crawlin’, Crab Crawl, Standing Alone, Pointing

**We all know how terrible I have been with updating the blog, so I won’t apologize for it.  But I will post this update because  a) I don’t want Giuliana to think I ever forgot about her and keeping track of these things.  I just ran out of time.  It was written!  Just not posted.  And b) I need to post G’s 5th birthday information – ha…  So here’s the original post of what I wrote, just never posted….**

It’s been an extremely busy few weeks, so I’m of course late posting Giuliana’s 1st birthday.  Story of my life these days… 

At 1, Giuliana is happier than ever!  She honestly smiles and laughs all the time (as long as someone she isn’t familiar with isn't trying to hold her J ha!).  She finds her brother absolutely hilarious and just loves him so much.  She’s interested in EVERYTHING he’s doing.  I’m sure this will get old (for both of them) very soon. 

She babbles, squeals and loves to dance when she hears music.  Her favorite place to play is on the couch (cleared of cushions) or on a bed.  She dives face first into the bed, rolls and squeals.  She loves to jump, bounce and climb.  She’s a bit of a princess – doesn't hold her bottle (both arms extended out), would prefer you place food in her mouth and isn't really showing much interest in walking.  She walks along things and stands, but if you try to walk with her, she drops to her bottom and crawls (**Giuliana officially started to walk on June 9, 2013. She was very different from G who took a few steps and never stopped.  She took multiple steps for a few weeks leading up to the above date.  I just got sick of waiting for her to take off.  Boys and girls are very different!)

Year one has been wonderful.  It has been in my experience that with your first, you are so excited for them to hit their milestones and become ‘big boys’ or big kids.  With this one, I’m sitting back and enjoying every moment.  Not rushing anything, which is why breaking the bottle with this one will be far different from G who was off of it by 13 months (**So was Giuliana!  Exact same timing.  Now… let’s see if I can break the pacifier before her 2nd birthday!).

So yes, darling little Giuliana is a bit of a princess and a momma’s girl, but I’ll take it because God knows those teenage years will be here before you know it. 

Happy birthday my sweet little girl!  I/we love you SO much!

No comments:

Post a Comment