Sunday, July 11, 2010

The biggest scare of my life…

From what I understand, this will be the first of many scares you give me, my little tough guy. I don’t know if my heart can handle this for another 20+ years, so let’s go easy on your mama.

On Monday, July 5th, we headed to Beverly Country Club to celebrate children’s 4th of July with the Martin’s. We were enjoying the beautiful day swimming when it was time to take a break. They had one of those huge bounce-y houses setup and it was calling both yours and Jack’s name.

Both you and Jack were having a blast in the bounce-y house – laughing hysterically, jumping and falling. Aunt Kirstin and I thought it might be a good idea for us to join in. There were a lot of kids in there and you two are still little, even if you don’t think you are! You and I were holding hands, jumping and laughing, having a great time! You bounced away from me and fell when another kid (a rather thick 10 year old girl) landed on your neck with her whole body weight. I scooped you up as fast as I could. You were crying pretty hard, but nothing was coming out. I turned you over to talk to you when your eyes rolled back in your head and you passed out for a few seconds (about 2 seconds). My life literally came crashing down at that moment. I thought you were paralyzed or were having a seizure (dramatic, maybe but it was scary). You came to within seconds, but I was screaming for help. I had to lay you down flat to make sure you were ok. You were moving without a problem (both limbs) and could walk. You whined for a bit but you know why? Cause you wanted to go back IN the darn bounce-y house!

Yes, I confirmed with your doctor that you were ok and most likely experience BHS (breath holding syndrome) from holding your breath while crying and possibly the pain. She said you might even do it again.

Dear Gianni, my little man… Do not EVER do that to your mama again!

1 comment: