Wednesday, August 4, 2010

HOLY temper tantrum…

Do I dare say that the terrible 2’s are upon us? Yikes! We had the temper tantrum of all temper tantrums this morning. God help us if it gets worse than this.

Gianni has a major obsession to Matchbox/Hot Wheel cars. Although he has 30+ in his possession, I typically have a sleeve of cars hidden in my closet for times when Gianni deserves an ‘award’ (pee pee or poop on the potty, great school reports or just because he’s so darn cute).

Yesterday morning, Gianni was of course in my closet with me while I was trying to get ready for work. He so sweetly said “Car? Pwease?” so I of course gave in. The understanding was that Gianni would have a good day at school and behave. Well, that did NOT happen.

Gianni is transitioning to the older room at school and is doing fabulously in there. However, when he went back to his old classroom, he took all the toys away from the smaller children (bully) and bit, yes bit, one of his teachers during a diaper change (still confused how he managed to do that). So needless to say when I found out about this, we had a ‘conversation’. Gianni will be apologizing to Ms Skate today at school. Now, Gianni was definitely in a mood yesterday evening, so I’m assuming that carried over from his less than stellar afternoon at school.

So that brings me to this morning. When he asked for a car, I said “No. You only receive a car when you’ve done something good and you have not been good”. That’s when he lost it and never really got it back. This started at approximately 7AM and was still lingering as we pulled up in front of my office at 7:45AM. He slammed doors, screamed on the top of his lungs, snot/spit and messiness. Oh it was a fun one. I assured Luke it was the right thing to do by holding our ground and be prepared because it’s only going to get worse. Thank god we got to drop him off at school and not have to deal with him again until after 4… :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment