On Thursday/Friday’s, Luke plays the role of Mr. Mom. I typically receive a few phone calls throughout the day, filling me in on their adventures or Gianni’s behavior. Today I called to check in, only to hear Gianni throwing a fit in the background. You see, he has become very attached to his pacifier these days. It’s something he is ONLY allowed to have at bedtime and no other time. Well, over the past two weeks or so, he wants it all the time. I don’t give in. Luke on the other hand…
So I say to Luke “Why don’t you see if he wants to color?” Luke asks him and he immediately stops crying. Diversion in place. Problem solved. But wait. There’s more…
Not too long after, I get the following email from Luke:
Subject: He ate the crayons....what a mess!
Message: Literally on the ground, rolling laughing and chewing on six different colors....
Gianni is obsessed with eating crayons. It started the first time he was handed a crayon. Always wanting to put things in his mouth, we quickly told him “No. You can’t eat that”. To this day, he thinks he’s terribly funny when he attempts to eat crayons.
So this morning it was white, yellow, black, purple and green…
Luke said when he brushed his teeth, he spit out a puke color and he’s sure he missed some. Thank god they are non-toxic. Demon child…
No comments:
Post a Comment