Today is the second time I have received a call at work from Gianni’s school. Both times I have gotten a pit in my stomach, similar to the one you might get when being called to the principal’s office. The only difference is I haven’t done anything wrong. Thankfully, each phone call hasn’t been the result of something Gianni has done either, but what has been done to him.
Gianni was bitten today at school. This is the second time this has happened over the past few months. The first time was while in the Plum room (advanced toddler class). He was ‘in another classmates personal space’ when she bit him. He didn’t cry or anything, but they have to let you know and you have to sign a paper acknowledging the incident.
Today was a little different. He and another student (they never tell you ‘who’) were arguing over a toy. The other child bit Gianni on the cheek. This time, it left a mark. Gianni didn’t cry, but looked shocked. When Ms. Meghan called to tell me, I think she was taken aback by my reaction. I laughed and was thankful it wasn’t Gianni who did the biting. I told Ms Meghan that Gianni bit me twice yesterday and bit his friend Brody on Saturday evening. She assured me that he has not brought that behavior to school. Thank God.
I’m so happy Gianni is learning more and more words. We are trying to work with him to develop his words so that he can express himself through words rather than biting. Oh the joys of parenting!
No comments:
Post a Comment