It’s been a while since my last post and that’s because we were on the “World Tour” birthday celebration for Gianni. He turned 2 on Wednesday, September 1st, but he had four, yes I said FOUR, birthday celebrations (Auntie Linds, Chicago, Kubica’s and DeLaat’s). That isn’t even counting all the other times ‘Happy Birthday’ was sung to him. What I can tell you is that Gianni can sing many of the words from happy birthday and it just might be his most favorite song!
Throughout all the birthday celebrations, Gianni was such a good boy. He definitely loves the attention, but what toddler wouldn’t? The problem started on the actual day of his birthday. He slept the majority of the way to Cleveland (angel!), but then once we arrived, he started to literally get into EVERYTHING. He also started to shout, and I mean shout, ‘NO’ when asked to do anything. He also started to claim ‘MINE’ to everything and anything. Most of the time, his ‘no’s and mines’ didn’t even make sense. But you try negotiating with a new 2 year old. And I can't forget the biting that started.
He was kind of a handful at my mom’s house – he dumped over the same plant twice (appeared to be on purpose), he shoved candles off the table, he attempted to make a hole in her screen, pulled buttons off pillows and tried putting items into her DVD player. I’ll stop there. Although Linda kept a smile on her face, I think she was happy when we headed home on Sunday as opposed to Monday. Moral of this story – her house is NOT Gianni proof!
While at my Aunt Kris’ house, he bit one of the quads while claiming ‘MINE’ on one of their toys. I’m so thankful everyone around me is used to this age and behavior and assured me that this is quite normal.
So once we returned home, I thought for sure I would receive a phone call from his first day back to school. But all they said is that he is ‘very busy’ and is ‘learning to keep his hands to himself’. He’s really a gentle giant. He likes to tackle while giving hugs and doesn’t always know his own strength.
And with all of that, we have been welcomed to the terrible two’s…
No comments:
Post a Comment