So a few weeks ago, I started to say prayers with Gianni before bed. I was raised Catholic but don’t really ‘practice’ per se, but I thought it would be important to start this routine with him. We say the Lord’s Prayer and ask God to bless and watch over our family. It sounds a little something like this:
Mom: Gianni, would you like to say prayers?
Gianni: Prayer… Our Faddah… (Yes, he starts it and I pick up from there!)
Mom: God, please watch over and bless Mommy and Daddy (he repeats these names and sometimes beats me to them)
This is where it gets good… It’s always interesting to hear who the #3 person is on his list of prayers. Typically its someone we’ve been talking a lot about or if someone has recently visited. He is also very good at pairing everyone together. So if I say one person, he immediately says another. Here are some of my favorites:
Auntie Lindsay – ‘Debin’ which means Devin (Lindsay’s boyfriend) who he is obsessed with!
Bob Bob – ‘airplane’ because he thinks my Dad lives on an airplane because that’s how he travels to see us!
Gamma – ‘Bobby’
Auntie Debbie – ‘John’
Mom Mom – ‘Pop Pop’
All your cousins – ‘cars’ because he remembers all their toys they bring to him when he visits! And yes, we name all 7 of them!
Jack – ‘Kirstin & Gregah’ He says Kirstin’s name better than some of you!
And don’t you worry. Everyone is covered in our prayers. These are just a few that he has paired together J
No comments:
Post a Comment