Yes, Gianni is aggressive. He’s type A. He’s outgoing. (Hmm… I wonder who his parents are?) Or what we like to call a ‘gentle giant’. He never truly means to hurt anyone.
But I digress.... As you know, Gianni has gotten bitten at school (see Hi Michelle, it’s Ms Meghan). He’s actually gotten bitten a few times. Each time I’ve been thankful that it wasn’t him doing the biting. Given his personality, one might think it would be him. But again, I've been very thankful that it wasn't. Until this week...
While I was gone, Gianni bit someone on two separate days. When I learned of this (over the phone), I was so sad and confused (another reason I’m happy I don’t travel for my job). You never want your kid to be that kid and here we are. So here's what happened:
He bit his friend Nicholas on Monday and Ramona on Tuesday. Both times, he was sent home from school. Luckily both incidents happened at the tail end of the day. The first time, he and Nicholas were fighting over a toy and the second time, Ramona wanted to ride the same toy at the park.
I know this is all very normal toddler behavior and it’s because they do not know how to express themselves yet, but I still want to learn how to stop this. I did a bunch of reading on it and Gianni will tell you “No bite” but that doesn’t mean it won’t happen again. He now has “2” incidents on file. 3 more and it’s a parent/teacher conference (Really? For a 2 year old?!). 10 total incidents and he’s kicked out. (AGAIN – REALLY?? For a common toddler behavior????)
Here’s the battle wound Gianni received from the last time he was bitten. Makes me think he’s learning this at school!
But I digress.... As you know, Gianni has gotten bitten at school (see Hi Michelle, it’s Ms Meghan). He’s actually gotten bitten a few times. Each time I’ve been thankful that it wasn’t him doing the biting. Given his personality, one might think it would be him. But again, I've been very thankful that it wasn't. Until this week...
While I was gone, Gianni bit someone on two separate days. When I learned of this (over the phone), I was so sad and confused (another reason I’m happy I don’t travel for my job). You never want your kid to be that kid and here we are. So here's what happened:
He bit his friend Nicholas on Monday and Ramona on Tuesday. Both times, he was sent home from school. Luckily both incidents happened at the tail end of the day. The first time, he and Nicholas were fighting over a toy and the second time, Ramona wanted to ride the same toy at the park.
I know this is all very normal toddler behavior and it’s because they do not know how to express themselves yet, but I still want to learn how to stop this. I did a bunch of reading on it and Gianni will tell you “No bite” but that doesn’t mean it won’t happen again. He now has “2” incidents on file. 3 more and it’s a parent/teacher conference (Really? For a 2 year old?!). 10 total incidents and he’s kicked out. (AGAIN – REALLY?? For a common toddler behavior????)
Here’s the battle wound Gianni received from the last time he was bitten. Makes me think he’s learning this at school!
No comments:
Post a Comment