Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Books, books and more books

I really hope that Gianni’s love for books continues through old age.   Right now, he and I could sit in his room and read books for hours.  Literally. 

Some of his current favorites (or the ones we read daily) are:
Richard Scarry’s Biggest Word Book Ever! (This book is 2 feet tall!)
I Like It When by Mary Murphy
Goodnight Moon by Margaret Wise Brown
Brava Strega Nona! by Tomie dePaola
A ton of books by Dr Seuss, but here are a few:  There’s a Wocket in my Pocket! and Wet Pet, Dry Pet, Your Pet, My Pet
And a million car, truck, tractor books that I refuse to read anymore!

I started to pick-up a few for Christmas (great Border’s coupons!).  So far, this is what I’ve picked up:
Richard Scarry’s Fire Truck Box Set
Goodnight Chicago

Still on my Christmas shopping list:
Chicka Chicka Boom Boom by Bill Martin Jr.
Anything by Richard Scarry
Some sort of book, puzzle or placemat of the United States (great way to learn the states is to point out all the states our family lives in!)

What were some of your favorite books growing up?  If you have children, what are their favorite books?

1 comment:

  1. I love the Hungry Caterpillar! Something to get, maybe to read in future are Shell Silverstein! Love him - Light in the Attic or Where the sidewalk ends!

    ReplyDelete