Sunday, November 21, 2010

Missing Grandparents

This weekend, Linda (my step-mom) came to visit.  We celebrated Thanksgiving a weekend early since we won’t be traveling to Cleveland this year.  Gianni was so excited to see her.  By the end of Saturday evening, he and my sister were fighting over Gamma being ‘theirs’.  Gianni even said ‘don’t go’ when she left this morning.
Being apart from family has always been tough, but now that Gianni is here, it’s even harder.  I try my best to keep our family up-to-speed with our happenings through this blog and Gianni's website.  But seeing them in the flesh is what we miss.  We love the visits, but we always feel so sad because the time was great but just too short.  When I was little, I LOVED going to sleep at my Grandma or Nonna’s house (Oh the fun, what I got away with and of course all the sweets!)  Gianni just doesn’t have those same opportunities.  So now we cram everything we can into two short days and appreciate every single minute.
We miss you already Gamma!    

No comments:

Post a Comment