Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Transitioning from Baby to Toddler Room

A few weeks ago, I placed an order for the conversion kit for Gianni’s bed and it’s in.  We’ve been pretty lucky with him not climbing out of bed but a handful of times.  The last time he fell pretty hard and I think it scared him, so I’m hoping he won’t be attempting that again anytime soon.  I’m not necessarily ready to put him into a toddler bed, but wanted to be prepared if the climbing out continued.  And in all honesty, I was really hoping to transition him to his toddler bed in a new home, but because we pulled our place off the market, that won’t be happening for at least a few months.

So I’m feeling the itch to update G's room from a baby room to a toddler room.  About a year ago I did a few things (removed the rocker, added a bookshelf and toy bins).  His room isn’t very big, so I’m trying to think of things I can do to help change it a bit.  I’m thinking about replacing his newborn photos currently hanging with updated ones or adding new art.  I thought this  growth chart was super cute.  My girlfriends store (Smitten) is also carrying these adorable Pearhead growth charts.  Decisions decisions!  I’m loving a bunch of wall art on Etsy too!    If this were our house (and not a condo), I would totally do something like this custom wallpaper from Dwell.

What have you done to update your little ones room?

1 comment:

  1. Fatheads! Stick right on, come right off! Nice to have something fun and not worry about it being semi-permanent! No holes in the walls and fun for the kids. Of course, we have Spiderman.
    http://www.fathead.com/entertainment/

    ReplyDelete