Monday, November 15, 2010

Holiday Traditions

With the holidays rapidly approaching, I can’t help to think of holiday traditions I would like to start with G.  Growing up, we didn’t really have many traditions outside of the normal ones, but my sister, brother and I did make a few of our own (i.e. – camping out together in the same room so that we could ALL wake up and see the presents under the tree together!).  But now that I am a mom, I want to make times like this extra special. 

I know that Gianni is still very young for a lot of this, but I wanted to share something super cute.  One of my dearest friends (see here!) received this email from her mom, who received a letter from Santa himself!  Check it out:

Subject: FWD - From the Big Guy
got this e-mail and am forwarding it to you guys......
Dear Taylor, Brian & Cole's Mom,
I am patiently awaiting the "wish list" from your children.  I realize they are now too big to come sit on my lap and whisper in my ear and that's why I am relying on you for some help.  I really need that list soon so that I can "check it twice".   I know I don't have to worry about whether they were "bad or good" this year because not once did I hear you threaten any of them that you were going to call me to cancel their Christmas.  It's funny to go an entire year and not hear your voice - the elves were wondering what was up !!!!!
Have to run - but please get me the list as soon as possible.  I need specifics.  If they ask for gift cards I need to know the store.  I'm magical but I'm not a mind reader. 
Wishing you all a wonderful holiday season......Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow........Sorry, but it makes it easier on the reindeers and the sled if the rooftops are covered in snow.
Always,
Santa

What are some of the traditions you have shared or started with your children?  Please share!

2 comments:

  1. With me, it was always about making cookies and leaving them out for Sanat with milk and some carrots for the reindeer ;) Now, with Bryan, we wait until everyone is awake and the kids get to open their stockings while mom and dad make hot chocolate with loads of whipped cream and christmas sprinkles! Even Jess still expects the hot chocolate and she is 17!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE!! Esp since this was MY MOM!!!! She always did things like this for us growing up!

    We always got letters from 'The First day of School Fairy' & Thee Last Day of School Fairy - a letter telling us to do great, learn a lot or to have a safe summer and a little trinket! It was fun!

    ReplyDelete