One of the things I dislike most about living in Chicago is the way the school system works. I just don’t get it. Where I come from you registered at the school in your neighborhood or Catholic school and you just went. In the city, there are applications, money, restrictions and just total confusion.
The other day, I called and placed Gianni on a waitlist (yes… waitlist) for preschool. You have to be 3 and potty trained. Thank God his birthday is September 1st – cut off for most schools – and for Little Green Tree House for working on the potty training part! If he doesn’t get into this school (2 blocks from our house), he’ll continue at Little Green Tree House and that’s fine cause I love it. The only difference is Skinner pre-school is about $800 less a month… So needless to say, keep your fingers crossed and say a prayer that Gianni gets into the preschool!
If anyone has a Dummies Guide to Chicago Schools please pass it along – tips and comments are also welcome J
Good luck to G! That would be great for him to get in Skinner... closer, and less expensive!! Brody wouldn't go there until the following year because of his birthday falling in November. So we'll see! We've been on that stupid waitlist since he was like 6 months old. Craziness!!!
ReplyDelete