The first time Gianni flew he was 2 months old and perfect. The second time he was 18 months old. He was perfect this time too (did fantastic on both flights, just didn’t like security - how dare they take his blankie!). This time around, Gianni will be 2 (26 months). Having the car seat on the plane worked best for us, but is it necessary this time? The only reason I do like it is because he’s great in the car and doesn’t mind his car seat. I also stock piled the diaper bag with new books, snacks and new cars. This kept him entertained the entire way to Philly. He slept the entire flight home (yay!).
So this time, I plan to do the same – stock up on new books, cars and snacks. But I think I’m going to purchase a portable DVD player. Given his love of Shrek and Cars, I think that will keep him occupied most if not all of the 2 ½ hour flight. I also stumbled across this email from Daily Candy Kids with some tips for traveling with kids - Getting There Is Half the Fun
What are some of your travel tips? Would you recommend a specific DVD player (it really will only be used for trips)?
Great tips! My mom used to 'wrap' them from my brother. A little extra by way of trash, but it was like a little surprise when A- he was quite, B- he was quite or C-when he was quite! You can give them a fun name like...good boy "Plane Presents" or something so it is just a plane thing...and hopefully by the time he is ten he won't be needing them any more ;)
ReplyDeleteOther than a shot of benadryl (just kidding...) I am always stocked with gum, snacks, DVDs, coloring books and flash cards... I was checking out at Old Navy recently and noticed they have some fantastic stuff in the check out lane - those glow domes, pixar coloring books, puzzles. I am going to stock up before Thanksgiving travel.
ReplyDelete