One of my favorite things to do during the holidays is bake. Last year I made the following cookies (are you ready for this?): Lemon Ricotta, Butterballs (thanks to my Grandma June’s recipe!), Peanut Butter Kisses, my friend Cathy’s Kolaczki’s (the BEST/easiest recipe ever…) and Sugar Cookie/Chocolate-Peppermint Wafers (sooooo good!). I sent some to my dad and basically ate the rest. Can you say fatty?!
This year, I plan to make the same ones (because they are SO freaking good!), but would like to incorporate G in the mix. I’m thinking of making cut-out cookies and letting him decorate – sprinkles, possibly frosting, M&M’s, etc… Because his little fingers will be involved, I won’t share these with anyone else J
Have you incorporated your little ones in holiday baking? If so, what has worked for you? If anyone wants to share recipes, I’m in!
Well, you got my invite. I have been hosting cookie parties where moms and kids come. The grown ups exchange great cookies and I have tables set up with cut out cookies, frosting in every color, sprinkles, etc. for all the kids to color. I also get a big role of wrapping paper and cover my table top with it during decorating time! Its festive and easy to clean up! Jackson loves that!
ReplyDeleteJackson likes to participate in mixing the dough with his hands - especially if there is food coloring involved. We always make a little extra so he can play with it like play dough and nibble on it here and there!