I’m home from work today because Gianni came down with a cold/cough out of nowhere. To top it all off, they turned the water off in our building from 9am-5pm. Really? Today? I have water stored in the fridge, in the sink, in a few bowls on the counter and some in the tub. Do you know how many times you wash your hands when you are around a sick child?!
And, you wouldn’t know he was sick . He is going BONKERS - jumping off the couch, running around and pulling ornaments off the tree, hoping loudly through the house, throwing his used tissue everywhere, using his sleeve as a tissue and then saying ‘All gone!’ (coming from a kid who has ALWAYS used a tissue – who is he?!) … need I go on? Then he crumbles because ultimately, he doesn't feel well. It wasn't even 8am and I thought I was going to lose my mind.
I have never wanted to be at work more in my life… He’s lucky he’s cute and that I love him ;-)
OMG! That just made me laugh because I know exactly the kind of day you are having! They seem so down and out one minute and the next bouncing off the walls - literally! At least mine bounces off anything he can climb on! I agree with you, I am a better mom because I work! Keeps me sane so I don't feel the need to to constantly yell at him when he is flipping all over the place!
ReplyDelete