Thursday, December 23, 2010

Perfect Timing

So far, being a parent for a little over 2 years has taught me that kids have perfect timing.  My little man had ZERO symptoms of being sick and then BAM!  He’s sick and it appears to be getting worse.  His fever was pretty high last night and he was on-fire in the middle of the night.  The fact that it’s 8am and he’s still sleeping has me hoping his fever is finally breaking.

The frustrating part is that we took him to the doctor just in case it was something worse and in hopes of him being treated in time for Christmas.  No such luck.  I mean, how much ibuprofen can you really give a kid and hope they get better?  I get the whole – don’t give them antibiotics because they can build up a tolerance to them, but is there nothing else to treat them with?  Ugh!

Anyway, I’m keeping my fingers crossed that he’s feeling better over the next day or two.  He is so excited for Santa’s arrival!

No comments:

Post a Comment