Saturday, January 22, 2011

Half-Kid Half-Dog

I honestly think my kid is half dog.  He bites/chews on everything and anything he can get his hands on – cars, blocks, books, puzzle pieces, guitar handle, cups, his blanket and shirt… need I go on?!   I threaten to take toys away from him for fear of him choking/swallowing/hurting his teeth on items, but he doesn’t care.  He laughs and moves onto the next toy. 

This morning, I heard him chewing on a squeaky dinosaur that is built into one of his books.  I threatened to take it away from him while in the other room and by the time I went to check on him, he had completely removed the squeaker from the book. I’m telling you, he looked like a dog who got the squeaker out of his stuffed toy! 

He has all of his teeth, so no, he isn’t getting his molars.  G is almost 2 ½ so when does the chewing/putting everything in his mouth stop?  Is this just a boy thing?  Or is this just a G thing?!

1 comment: