Thursday, February 3, 2011

SnOMG!

Ok.  I was wrong.  There.  I said it.  It definitely snowed here in Chicago, but not as bad as I thought it was going to.  Partially because a) we don’t live on Lakeshore Drive (I feel terrible for all of those people who were stranded) and b) we were sleeping when it was really bad.  I walked home from work yesterday and the streets were bare.  It was kind of nice and much easier to walk than to drive, that's for sure.  We ended up with about 2 feet of snow on our balcony (see below), which was fun to watch accumulate... from inside our warm home!  G loved looking at the snow through the window and opening the door to check it out. 

Later this afternoon we finally headed outside to take a look firsthand.  One problem.  G’s snowsuit is from last year (2T) and he is now a 4T.  Whatever.  I put him in it anyway (he had floods and yes, camel toe!).  We met his buddy Brody out front and let the boys play in the snow for a bit.  Afterwards, it was hot chocolate and Toy Story 2 for the boys!  This weekend, we tackle the hill at the park for some real sledding!  



(Don't mind G's gloves... They're mine ;-) His kept falling off!)



1 comment:

  1. Adorable!! And I think every kid has to suffer through the snow suit camel toe at some point. It's a part of growing up. haha!

    xo,
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete