Boy did I miss my little man over the past few days. Talking to him on the phone morning and night helped, but it wasn’t enough. Even though I was only gone 3 days, it was long for him. His behavior started to turn a bit on Wednesday and left his teacher asking L “Is anything going on at home?”. Luckily I don’t travel much!
This led me to thinking – what if I did travel for my job? Women do this every day, but how do they remain successful in both aspects of their lives? And then I remembered this great article I read via Goop. If you aren’t familiar with the newsletter, I recommend signing up. So if you’re a working mother, take a minute to read A Day in the Life… care of Goop.
So back to this morning… I anxiously waited for G to wake and wouldn’t you know it, that little shit didn’t wake up until almost 8am!! But he was just as excited to see me as I was to see him. He said “Sit down mommy. You going to work?” and my heart broke. I promised we would make up for lost playtime tonight and asked what he’d like to play. His response “cars”. Shocker. As I was running out the door he said “See you later allee-gator, after while crock-a-dollah”. Followed by “I love you Mommy”. My little lover…
No comments:
Post a Comment