Wednesday, March 9, 2011

My Favorite Things

This isn’t like Oprah’s favorite things (thank you aunt Donna for sticking that in my head!), but a list of my favorite things that G says or does.  Before leaving for my quick girls trip, I threw together a list but never published it (You see, I got sick AGAIN.  This time, it was BAD).  Anyway, I originally started this blog to remember G growing up so here’s my list...

I love how his goodbyes always include lots of kisses…
I love how he says “ciao ciao”!
I look forward to our reading time when he insists on sitting directly on my lap…
I cherish the winks he and I share during dinner time…
I smile when he says “Only mommy do it”…
Or when he yells “Mommmmmmeeeeeeeeee” after waking… and then tells L “I want Mommy”…
When out of the blue he says “I U Mommy” (I love you mommy)…
Or when he teases me by saying “I love Ruby AND Mommy”…
I especially love and look forward to him running through the door, into the house afterschool yelling “Mommy!  Mommy!  I shared toys at school!!” or “I pee peed on the potty!!”
I love when he says “Bye” when he’s getting in trouble or doesn’t like what you’re saying…
Or when he immediately starts to count when placed in timeout (eleventeen, sixteen, eleventeen…)…
I even laugh when he shouts “Right NOW!!”…
It's music to my ears when he says “No thank you Mommy”…
And especially when he compliments my attempts at making dinner with a “Good job Mommy!”…

We share so many moments each and every day.  I have crazy amounts of love for the G lately. I don't know if it's his charm, personality or his crazy vocabulary.  He gets you when you least expect it.  I love him more than anything in this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment