Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Rant

Reason #1 to get the e’ff out of the city of Chicago: Chicago Public Schools

Why do you have to find a daycare/preschool when you think about getting pregnant?  Why do you have to enroll your child in preschool when they are first born?  Why do you then have to get them on some waitlist for kindergarten immediately after that?  I get it that we live in the city, but COME ON!

I tried to get G into the preschool down the street, but he didn’t make the very short list (23ish).  You know, the one that they said – kids name and your phone number please – when I called.  For all I know, I gave that information to the janitor!  This actually works out fine because I love G’s school for many reasons the school down the street could never do for him.  Except the $$.  I won’t get into how much we pay a year here, but let’s put it this way, we should/could have sent G to the Montessori school that I ran out of at 6 months pregnant when they said it cost $25K a year, because we’re not far from that number.

So to continue my rant, Daily Candy had the nerve to run this article a few weeks ago.  Pay someone to help you figure out how to get your kid into public school?!!!  Really?!?!  Why does it have to be so difficult that you have to pay someone to help you figure it out?

I am officially over you Chicago. 

I know.  I know.  Tell us how you really feel, Michelle.  Thank you for listening...!

<end rant>

1 comment: