I’m sorry Caroline, but I’m stealing the award from you. My blogger/twitter friend Caroline over at So Caroline Says claims that she gets the award for sucking at the blog thing, but I think I may suck more. It’s been 2 full months since I’ve updated and I promise I have a really good reason. Here goes…
First, I successfully transitioned out of my role into a new national role. YIPPEEE!!! I’m so very excited to build skills that I didn’t have the opportunity to build in my previous role and to further develop my understanding and relationships with others in my organization. Oh and leave back all the whiners who don’t want to do their jobs and think they deserve 20% increases. So happy about that part. What I wasn’t overly happy about was the way I left my team. I worked with this team for 10 years (yes… I said 10 years) and they did absolutely NOTHING for me. I mean, not even an email wishing me luck, thanking me for my contributions to the team for 10 years. Not a lunch, a cookie or a beer. Don’t let the door hit ya in the… You know where I’m going. Thank you for making my decision easier. Really. So anyway, things for me have been extremely busy at work. Boo.
Second, Luke started a new job this month. Another – YIPPEEE!!! But with this new job has brought some travel which we are not used to. We are a pretty strong family unit and help out everywhere. In the near future, I will be playing the part of 'single parent' while I try to keep up with all my changes at work, get G to and from school and attempt to make something edible for dinner. (I give you single parents a LOT of credit. I have no idea how you do it.) I do have to say, first week of Luke being gone, I gave myself an A. But that’s ONLY because G was an angel J
Lastly, we have been in the process of selling our house since May and it fell through just 2 weeks ago. This really sucked because we were so close. If I ever meet those buyers I might punch the husband because the wife really wanted our place (stupid men). So now, back to the drawing board. We’ll be relisting in the next week or so. I’m not looking forward to showings but we need to get out of the city.
I’m on PTO this week and am planning to enjoy every minute of it. I plan on getting back into this blog thing. That is until Luke leaves for Montana next week for 5 days…. Grrr… But hey, it’s a job and he’s loving it!
How are all of YOU?!
So glad you are back, and I know how tough ti has been for you! G is an angel and you will do fine...maybe auntie T needs to come over some nights to play - and entertain him and have grown up talk, I'm free tues& wed every wk - my man is at work til wee AM hours! :)
ReplyDeletexoxo! Can't wait to hear all the funny G stories again!