Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Lululemon Virgin

As a full-time working mama, any money spent on clothing for myself has to fit 2 categories – work and social.  There really isn’t an in-between.  And because I’m not a big ‘worker-outer’, I tend to wear what I own when I do workout – yoga pants, running shorts and tanks.  I personally would never dream of investing in expensive workout clothing when I could buy a great dress, jeans, tops or shoes to wear far more!  So living in Chicago, I’m surrounded by both men and women who wear Lululemon.  I love their stuff, but no way am I paying that much for a pair of pants or top.  If working out was part of my job, maybe, but not while my butt sits in an office for 50 hours a week. 

Insert the Lululemon Warehouse sale held this weekend in Chicago.  One of my girlfriends had an interest in going, so I told her I’d be her partner in crime.  We headed out on Sunday afternoon and much to our surprise, there was no line whatsoever.  Easy!  Although a lot of the good stuff was already gone, I did manage to find two pairs of pants (one pair that I absolutely LOVE – Studio Pant II – retails at $98) and a great fur-lined hoodie (Scuba Fur Hoodie – retails at $149!).  Each piece sold for $39, which is a steal!   It was a little difficult trying on things with a big ol' belly, but I made do just fine!  So all in all, I got a great deal and am officially no longer a Lululemon Virgin!




Did you make it to the sale and if so, what did you snag?!

2 comments:

  1. I have been dying to buy some, but I just can't pull the trigger on the price :( I need a big sale!! So glad you commented today...I think you fell out of my reader and I am not sure why. Adding you back in. I wonder who else I have been missing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the only people who can afford these clothes are those without children. I mean, I love them but I'd rather spend my $$ on other stuff, so yeah the sale was perfect! As for your blog - I keep up on it :) Work has just been getting in the way of my personal blog reading (How dare it?!)and posting. I try and try... :)

      Delete