Friday, February 3, 2012

Maternity Style

While messing around on Pinterest, I realized my “Maternity Style” board was rather empty.  Reason – maternity style stinks.  Yeah, there are some fabulous options out there, but this is my second go at this (and the LAST), so I really don’t want to invest in a blouse that costs $200.  Um.  No thank you.  The other thing that kind of stinks is that with my first, I was pregnant the entire summer, which meant long flow-y dresses and flip flops (IMO – much easier time of year to be preggers).  The first time around, I invested in some great pieces - $$ jeans (that are in the far back of my storage unit – awesome), tops, work pants from the Gap and really, the rest of my wardrobe was care of F21.  Amazing what a M or L at F21 can do, considering you only wear these items for a short period of time.  Boy did I love living in dresses, throwing a cardigan over them for work and flip-flops!

But now it’s winter.  And this is my second child.  So spending a ton of money on maternity clothes isn’t really on the top of my list.  I’m also not as excited about all the clothes because I know this is it.  So this time, I really only shopped at the Gap and used 30-40% off coupons (again – NOT into maternity wear this time around!).  I did hit F21 for some fun things and am managing to wear non-maternity items in-between.  Oh and I REFUSE to buy a winter coat.  I have <8 weeks left and the coat is getting a little snug, so I’m holdin’ on! 

I’m not going to list everything I’m living in these days, but I will tell ya that I’m loving the Supersoft Long-sleeved tee’s (dressed up with fun jewelry) from the Gap and flowy blouses/cardigans that are non-maternity.  A couple other favorites are:


1969 Always Skinny Jeans (I live in these!)

Collection B Faux Arctic Fur Vest (Juniors) (Example of a non-maternity ‘in-style’ piece that I had to have!)


PS – I can NOT wait for non-maternity Spring clothes J


2 comments:

  1. Ok, so can I say I hate you right now and still be considered your friend? LOL! Having to move up to M and L tops in non-maternity? Nice. Thanks to a couple canteloupes, I get to wear a M everyday and I am always non-maternity! And the skinny jeans? Ha! I'm certainly no tubby but it took me over a year and half to find a pair that actually fit well and look good! (Thank you to 7 for All Mankind, the only brand of jeans I will buy now). Guess if you lived closer to me, you could raid my non-maternity closet! LOL! Ok, so now I must go to the gym to make myself feel better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh NO! Those M/L tops are all care of F21 and they're peasanty/blousey, I swear! And the others are cardigan type shirts that I wear one of those soft tees from the Gap under :) BTW - I got your canteloupes right now, but they'll be kiwis when this is said and done :) I love you, girl!

      Delete