Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Weekend Cooking (a few days late) - Buffalo Chicken Dip

Don’t be disappointed that it wasn’t a baking weekend (I did make rice krispie treats!) because what I’m about to share with you is quite possibly one of the best things I have ever eaten!  But then again, I’m a little biased considering I have a major addiction to buffalo sauce.  With what I like to refer to as “MY” Super Bowl – um… MADONNA – we decided to stay home and have our own party.  There was absolutely NO WAY that I was going to be somewhere that I couldn’t watch her majesty in peace or what I call my peace – aka jumping, screaming, dancing and enjoying every bit of the 12 minutes and 40 second show.  But I digress…. 

One of my girls, Taylor over at Curly in the City, shared with me her Buffalo Chicken Dip (aka – crack dip) and it was just that!  Super addictive and absolutely delicious!  Now, I really eyed this recipe, so don’t be afraid to do the same.  Minus the first step (that grossed me out), this is one of the easiest things I have ever made and know it will be a reoccurring dish.  Warning – it’s not healthy, but who cares!

Buffalo Chicken Dip
1 package of chicken breasts (because it was only L and &, I used 2 breasts of the pack)
1 pack of cream cheese (the square pack)
1 bottle of Blue cheese dressing
1 pack of shredded cheese
1 big bottle of franks red hot sauce (I used Frank’s Buffalo Sauce)
Optional – chunks of blue cheese
Crackers/Tortilla Chips/Pita/Carrots/Celery

1.  Boil 1 package of chicken breasts
-  I had no idea how to do this (Leave me alone… I’m a baker, not a cooker!).  But you just cover the chicken in water and literally boil it.  I had to add more water multiple times and cooked it for about an hour before it started to shred.
-  I poked at the chicken and when I noticed pieces started to fall off, I transferred chunks to a medium sauce pan and did the shredding directly in this pan (I used two forks)

2.  Next, add Franks Red Hot Sauce/Buffalo Sauce to the shredded chicken (smother chicken and simmer) – the soupier, the spicier – simmer on low

3.  Once it is all hot and bubbly, mix in:
-  Cream cheese (because I only used 2 breasts, I only used half the brick of cream cheese)
-  Blue Cheese dressing (I used Ken’s and again, only used about 1/3 of the bottle)
-  Shredded cheese (I used cheddar and only added 2 handfuls)
  **The key here is to really go off taste/eye and add more as necessary

4.  Once melted/hot, I poured my mixture into a glass Pyrex dish, poured crumbled blue cheese over the top and placed it under the broiler for a few minutes.

Absolutely delicious!  L ate his with tortilla chips, but I ate mine with carrots.  I liked the crunch and in my head I felt like I was making it a little healthier J  We have plenty of leftovers, so on Monday I added some to a salad for a delicious buffalo chicken salad.  SO SO GOOD! 

Thank you Taylor for contributing to my love of buffalo sauce!  This stuff had the baby doing flips!  

No comments:

Post a Comment