Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Weekend Baking – Banana Bread

I need to come up with a better title.  I can never seem to get my  ‘weekend baking’ posts in on Monday.  Damn work getting in the way…

Anyway, I made my famous Banana Bread this weekend and as expected, it didn’t disappoint.  This is a huge hit in my house, but I can’t take all the credit.  I got the recipe years ago from my girl Kelly and have been making it ever since.  It truly is the absolute BEST banana bread recipe I have EVER made.  Seriously.  So now, I share –

Banana Bread

In a Big Bowl combine -
¾ cup of sugar
1 egg
3 banana's (very ripe)
1 stick of softened butter
2 tbls of lemon juice

In a Smaller bowl combine -
¼ tsp of salt
1 ½ cups of flour
1 tsp of baking soda
1 tsp baking powder

Using a hand mixer, mix the contents in the big bowl and once it’s creamy add the ingredients of the small bowl.  Mix well and if you would like,  add a ½ cup of chocolate chips or nuts (I do not include chocolate chips/nuts to mine).  Bake @ 350 for 45 minutes!!



Enjoy!  And if you end up making it, please let me know how it turns out and if you agree with my statement that it is the “BEST BANANA BREAD RECIPE EVER”!!

2 comments:

  1. Ok. I am totally going to make this! I love banana bread but don't have a good recipe! I'll give it a try and let you know! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I honestly think its the best recipe out there (and I've tried a few!). It's super easy, really moist and delicious! I hope you like it ;) xo

    ReplyDelete