Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Ch-ch-ch-ch-Changes…

When I mentioned that we had a lot going on, I wasn’t kidding.  In the next few weeks, we will welcome baby #2, move to the suburbs (wahhhhh), close on our home and pull G out of the school he has been at since he was 18 months old.  God help us all.

Had I been able to schedule any of this, I would have never done it all at the same time.  But after having our home listed for 2 years, you take the buyer when you get them.  Did I think we’d close on my actual due date?  No.  But we’ll make it work.

Am I ready to move to the suburbs?  I am and I’m not.  I’m ready to have more space, a yard for G to play in and a basement for all of his toys.  I cannot wait to not step on another matchbox car.  We also cannot wait to not have our annoying/sensitive neighbor ‘Lois’ not living below us.  I think G might be even more excited about that part!

Did I ever think we’d move to the suburbs of Chicago (Naperville)?  No.  Never.  But given the timing of everything (sale of the home/arrival of the new baby), we didn’t have a choice.  We signed a lease that will take us through the middle of next summer and then we will be able to decide if we should stay or go. 

I’m excited for all the changes and also nervous at the same time.  It’s bittersweet leaving the city I’ve lived in for almost 11 years now.  I absolutely LOVE Chicago, but we aren’t taking advantage of all the city has to offer.  Chicago has been wonderful to me and will always be where I met my husband and had my children.  So many wonderful memories.  I just wish we could afford to raise our family IN the city.

I think what might be the toughest or saddest part of all this is leaving our first ‘home’.  Yes, Luke and I lived in 2 other places together before this one, but this was our first purchased home as husband and wife.  It was brand new.  We started our married life together and had our first child in this home.  Just the 3 of us.  When we leave, we may be a family of 4, in a new city and new home.  Lotsa changes J

PS – And if you were wondering, I’m in the office today and feeling fine.  No baby yet! 

No comments:

Post a Comment