My approach to the oh-so-addictive Pinterest site is that I only ‘pin’ things I can make, need inspiration for or would love to own and hope to actually purchase. I haven’t started any boards that are ‘dream’ boards, but maybe one day I will...
For now though, I’d like to share with you all an amazing recipe I made over the weekend. Let me warn you. It isn’t for anyone who is watching their sugar or butter in-take. When you read the recipe, you will cringe. But please, please, please make it. I love what the blogger who is the source of the original pin says about it. She says it reminds her of the Sex and the City episode where Miranda eats an entire cake. We all remember that episode and I can relate to it with this cake. It is nowhere near being healthy, but boy oh boy is it good. It’s amazing on its own or with a cup of coffee in the morning. Heck. Who am I kidding? While cleaning out my Gmail account last night, I ate devoured two huge pieces J Without further ado; I bring you the “Cream Cheese Pound Cake”
Cream Cheese Pound Cake
Yield - `1 (10 inch) cake
Ingredients
1 ½ cups butter, softened at room temperature
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened at room temperature
3 cups of sugar
6 large eggs
3 cups all-purpose flour
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Preparation
Beat butter and cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy (do not over beat); gradually add sugar, beat well.
Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until combined – I cracked all 6 of my eggs into a separate bowl first to avoid any shells in the cake mix. It was easy to slowly add each egg to the mixture even though they were all in one bowl.
Sift 3 cups of flour. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating at low speed just until blended after each addition. Stir in vanilla.
Pour batter into a greased and floured 10-inch Bundt pan. Smooth the top or the bottom of the cake (depending on how you look at it) with a spatula to even it out.
Bake at 300 for 1 hour and 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes; remove from pan and let cool completely on a wire rack.
Similar to the blogger, my cake had an amazing crusty layer that tasted like candy.
Here are a few photos of my finished product --
| Immediately out of the oven |
| Immediately after taking out of the Bundt pan |
| Deliciousness! |
Enjoy every single bite. And don’t call me when your scale and you get into a fight J
Oh wow...so this was what you were making!
ReplyDeleteYep! I know it's deadly, but I promise you, you can't go wrong if you make it. And if you make it, I want to hear about it :) Delicious!
DeleteI WANT THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I want a piece right now!!!! YUMM!
ReplyDeleteI am now dreaming about that!
ReplyDelete