Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Happy Birthday to ME!

June is a very busy month for our family.  Between family/friend birthdays, Father’s Day, our anniversary and my birthday, there is never a dull moment.  Or one without cake.
It was my birthday yesterday.  My husband tried to make it a special day for me, which I so very much appreciate.  But like I told him, today is no different for me.  I’ll still get puked on a few times, clean up the house, try to shower/brush my teeth before noon and go about my business like any other day (I’m happy to report that I fully got ready by 11am – makeup and all!).  But I’m ok with that.  I can add that yesterday I put together a bench with a cushion seat for our mudroom.  And I got puked on twice trying to walk out the door.  Yep.  That’s how my day was spent.
I did sneak out in the afternoon for a glass of wine and an app with my BFF.  After that, the hubs prepared an amazing dinner of pappardelle with lobster. Because we’ll be celebrating this weekend when family arrives, I picked up 3 cupcakes so that G could sing/blowout candles.  And really because, it’s my birthday J  I ended the night with my BFF, sitting outside, consuming lots of wine.  I wouldn’t have had it any other way.  These days, seeing the excitement in G's eyes because it's "mommy's birthday party" all day, is what makes birthdays the absolute best. 
Thank you to everyone who called, sent cards and gave me love on Facebook.  You all really know how to make a girl feel special!
Here are a few photos from my special day.  Oh and of my special gift J

Me and the Master of Ceremonies "G" (look at his face!)

The richest cupcakes I've ever had (could barely eat half!)

Finally!  Mommy has a pic with her kids! (amazing how different my kids look)

Birthday Girl!

My favorite girl in the world!

My hubs said "Happy Birthday, Anniversary, Push and I might squeeze Christmas in there!"... HA!

2 comments:

  1. Did you get my snail mail card yet? I sent it last week. I know it always takes forever to get mail to/from you! The kids are adorbs! Lil G looks like Luke's side. I see his mom in her! And G - he looks alot like you and your side. Where does Giuliana get that light hair? Anyway, happy birthday again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I DID get your card - THANK YOU! It was the first bday card received :) PS - Now that I live in the burbs, my mail is much faster. Ha!

      Delete