It’s been a while since I’ve done a Pinterest post. Maybe because some were flops?! Well, this weekend, I persuaded Luke to try a few new recipes from Pinterest. He’s not big on following recipes (he’s a cook – I am not – I bake which means I follow recipes), but he agreed and they were a success!
We had a pretty laid back weekend, so everything on the menu had to fit that vibe. With G’s BFF coming over for a play date on Saturday, I thought the Chewy Oatmeal M&M cookies were a must! I bought a jumbo bag of M&M’s from Costco for Gianni’s birthday party and never opened them. I’m not one to return chocolate (who is?!), so rather than eat them by the handfuls, I figured I’d eat them in cookies. Right?! Right. Glad I did because this recipe will definitely be reappearing in our home. **The only change I made to this recipe – I didn’t have unsalted butter so I used salted and omitted the salt the recipe called for and they came out perfectly.
The next recipe was made with kids in mind and to go with our laid back Saturday. During a visit back home this summer, my aunt made Easy Calzone Rolls, so that’s where I got the idea. The fun thing with these is you can fill them with whatever you’d like. We stuck with the basics (one cheese and one with salami/pepperoni) and they came out perfect (minus Luke’s freak out with the dough… Shhh… Don’t tell him I told you. He doesn’t read this blog and was embarrassed by his moment while cooking. He takes cooking very serious and would never want to admit the dough defeated him J).
Last but not least, Sunday dinner. We always, always, always have pasta on Sunday’s. Hey – we’re Italian! What do you expect?! But this Sunday, Luke was sulking about the Eagles, so I offered to cook (crazy concept, right?!). We’re lucky because G will eat anything, so I thought I’d try this recipe I found for Tuna & Noodles from scratch (aka – tuna casserole). I know. It doesn’t sound that great, but it was good! A few things I would do differently – I’d double the ingredients so that there is enough to cover the noodles. Also, we never, ever, ever put cheese on our seafood (even canned tuna), so I omitted the parmesan cheese.
So, nothing too crazy, but definitely 3 successful recipes that I can see us making again. Sorry – no pictures of the food (other than the cookies!). You’ll just have to trust me that all 3 were a success!
No comments:
Post a Comment