Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Where do babies come from?

Yep.  He asked.  And I so carefully ignored the question. 

It’s been a while since I’ve shared some of the unique/funny things that Gianni says.  But this one… I had to share.

I was getting G ready for bed last night when he started asking me about ‘belly’s’.  Why people have them and if they have them, are there babies in them.  I explained body shapes, importance of eating well and exercise, as well as pointing out that I had 2 babies which left me with a lil pooch.  I was trying to make him understand that it’s ok and everyone is shaped differently.  That’s when he asked – “Mommy? Where do babies come from?”…

I looked away and continued to pull his covers down in preparation for bedtime.  I had to look away because I was a) laughing and b) trying to formulate a response.  Although I promised myself I’d be truthful with him when this topic came up, I chose to ignore his question last night.  He is only 4. 

He didn’t seem to notice that I ignored his question (thank God)  and went on to say – “Santa Bear (his favorite stuffed animal) has a baby in his belly and it’s going to hatch tomorrow.”. 

And this is why I chose to ignore his question.  He is only 4 J

God do I love him…

No comments:

Post a Comment