Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Sick Day with the G (again)

Yep.  He’s sick.  Again.  Or at least he was at 1pm yesterday.  It came completely out of the blue too.  I was called.  L was called.  G was picked up 45 minutes later and was completely miserable.  Fever, snots and crying.  He came home, took some Tylenol and slept.  When he woke up, you would have never known he was sick.  What the heck?  I come home and I start feeling ‘off’.  Great.  I have family coming in tomorrow and the last thing we need is a sick house.  So needless to say, I’m home today with G who is NOT sick, but we can’t take him back to school until he’s fever free for 24 hours (which would be 1pm).  This is when I am thankful for a flexible job, but wish it was just a little more flexible.  What’s up with the random sickness that comes out and disappears?  Do I have daycare to thank for all these fevers or is this just a bad season?  I’ve heard that it’s good that he is getting sick now because it’ll be better for him once he hits 3 or 4 (build up his immunity), but I can tell you – it doesn’t feel that way!

Here’s to a day filled with Tylenol/Motrin, playing cars and trying my hardest to not let G hit my keyboard while I attempt to work J

3 comments:

  1. BOO!!! poor you and poor G!!!!

    Kids seem to shake those bugs really fast while us grown-ups get them and hey hang around! You need a heavy does of 'the bubble' to kick it from your system! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. blame it on the daycare. i used to own one and things aka bugs go through there like wildfire. here's to a liquid lunch! (and a babysitter too of course).

    this is why i'm not a parent and dream of walking around with cats on my head.

    xo,
    carrie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ruby was sooooo sad that G had to go home early!
    She told me alllll about it! So funny how one little thing happens in the room, and they all make it their business... so concerned. It's cute.
    Hope he's feeling so much better!
    -m

    ReplyDelete