I’m 35, married and a mom but I’m not dead. I’m not fat and I’m not skinny. I’m just normal. Enter a girls trip to Florida in 2 days (YAY!!!!!!!!!). What does this mean for a 35 year old mother? This means I will be putting a bathing suit on for the first time in 6 months. On a pale, not in shape body. Long gone are the days of working out because who has time when you work 9-10 hours a day and want to spend non-working time with your little one or do stuff for ‘me’ when he’s asleep. I’m sure I could squeeze it in around 4:30am, but I would much rather sleep another hour.
This weekend I tried on all of my suits and was not happy. I ran to a few stores, but wasn’t thrilled with what I found. I was actually kind of surprised that there wasn’t much out. Come on people! I know we live in Chicago but everyone is escaping the weather right now. Including ME! I finally settled on one from VS and am bummed because I came home to the recent JCrew catalogue and realized I had forgotten to head in there. Whatever. I’m just happy to not be wearing a tankini (thanks Linda…) or a one-piece (although I found a few that I really liked!). This mom will be busting out a bikini and I don’t care what anyone thinks because I’m 35, married and a mom!
Do you know what I’m talking about? I’m ready for GTL – Good food, Tanning and Lots of drinks! (thanks Michelle J!)
LOL! You are too funny! I feel the same way! We just went away with two couples on a ski trip but got a condo with a hot tub so I had to get a new suit. I wouldn't complain if I were you - have you SEEN MY PALE ASS? I mean you need sunglasses to look at me I'm so bright! And yes, I am not fat and I am not skinny either but I have HUGE assets and hate them. Unfortunately for me, I had to buy my first one piece in 20 years! But I did at least sex it up! Got the one that Bethanny Frankel was sporting in a recent US Weekly! If I got the assets, I might as well show 'em off, right! Distraction from all the other parts I am not happy with!
ReplyDeleteHave a super fun time on your trip! I have a girls getaway next week - Gaga at OSU ($350 seats). Mother Monster better bleed on me! Then off for an all-day shopping spree at Polaris and Easton! I need some new clothes BAD! Nothing fits, everything is too big - guess that's a good problem to have though!
HA!! Girl you are skinny - like really skinny but I feel ya - you aren't toned in the way you would want. I know you will look amazing and I SOOO wish I was coming with!!!!!
ReplyDelete