Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Baby Bump

A few posts ago, I wrote a letter to baby #2 apologizing for not documenting as much as I did with the first.  It’s not that I don’t care about this pregnancy, it’s just lack of time.  When I wrote that letter, I realized I hadn’t snapped any shots of my growing belly.  Partially because I’m always behind the lens and I’m just not feeling too ‘attractive’ these days, so why take pictures?!  Not to mention, the first time you’re pregnant you’re super excited about it and are amazed by the growing bump.  But this time around you just think “please don’t get any bigger… please don’t get any bigger…” or “please don’t gain any more weight than the first time...”.  You get my point.

So I have taken a few photos, but they’re already old.  Not that I’m much bigger, but here’s a shot from week  28 and 29.  I’m currently in week 31. 

28 weeks

29 weeks
PS – don’t mind G’s hand prints on my refrigerator or my goofy face.  Hard to keep the handprints off the fridge and hard to keep the goofy face off J

1 comment:

  1. Girl, you always look good! Please, fat? Where? That's just a baby belly I see! You look like you're carrying high. Were you that way with G? Mmmmaybe a girl this time?

    Old Wives Tale: Heartburn

    If a pregnant woman experiences heartburn throughout the 9 months of pregnancy, she’ll have a baby born with a full head of hair.

    Old Wives Tale: Heart Rate

    If the baby’s heart rate is above 140 bpm, it is said that the baby will be a girl. If it is under 140 bpm, then it will be a boy.

    Old Wives Tale: Shape of Belly

    If you are carrying high with a big, round belly, you are having a girl. If you are carrying low with a smaller belly that sticks straight out, it’s a boy.

    Old Wives Tale: Ring Test

    Using a string, hang your wedding ring over your pregnant belly. You are having a girl if the ring swings back and forth and it’s a boy if it swings in a circle.

    Old Wives Tale: Shape of Mom’s Face

    When your face gets fuller and rounder when pregnant, it means you’re going to have a girl. If your face is long and narrow, it’s a boy.

    Old Wives Tale: Drano Test

    The drano test combines a tablespoon of Drano and urine together. If the mixture turns green, it’s a girl. If it turns blue, it’s a boy.

    Old Wives Tale: Acne

    If you have acne while pregnant, it’s a girl. It’s thought that acne during pregnancy is caused by the extra hormones.

    Old Wives Tale: Cravings

    People believe that if you are craving salty foods while pregnant, you can count on having a boy. If you crave sweets, fruit, and orange juice, you are having a little girl.

    Old Wives Tale: Mom’s Beauty

    Basically you are having a girl if your beauty disappears during pregnancy. It is said that the girl “steals” the mother’s beauty. If you think that pregnancy has never made you look more beautiful, you might just be having a little boy.

    Old Wives Tale: Toddlers

    If a toddler boy expresses interest in a pregnant woman, she is having a girl. If he doesn’t show interest, she’s having a boy.

    Hope you enjoyed some of these!

    ReplyDelete