We had a long weekend with no plans, which leads this nesting mama to bake! Well, I don’t need to be nesting to bake cause God knows I’ve got a major sweet tooth, but it just seemed like the perfect thing to do on Saturday afternoon. I’ve been pinning away on Pinterest and almost made these, but decided to make something with the Heath Toffee bits sitting in my cabinet. I found two recipes that sounded delish and went with the below. They were very easy to make and are absolutely delicious! I just had to share!
Chewy Toffee Bits Cookies
2 ¼ cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
½ cup butter, softened
¾ cup granulated sugar
¾ cup packed light brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs
1 (10 oz) package of Skor English Toffee bits (I used Heath cause that’s what I had)
1. Heat oven to 350.
2. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt in a medium sized bowl.
3. In a large mixer bowl, beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla until well blended.
4. Add eggs and blend thoroughly
5. Gradually add flour mixture, beating well.
6. Stir in toffee bits (I need the hubs for this part!)
7. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto a lightly greased cookie sheet (I used parchment paper)
8. Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until lightly browned (I cooked mine for 11 minutes)
9. Cool slightly (1 minute), remove from cookie sheet to wire rack
10. Use spatula to swat husband and child away from cookies J
You like that last step? It’s the truth. I had to do that with each batch that came out of the oven. This recipe made at least 4 dozen cookies, so there were plenty to share with friends (I have to do that or I’ll eat them all myself…!)
Hope you all had a great (long) weekend!
Michelle my diet is a disaster after Christmas and all I can say is I want these cookies TONIGHT. After Dr. Drew just finished discussing food addiction due to stress? Uh-oh...
ReplyDeleteSounds amazing...would love to try this recipe.
ReplyDeleteMinted Magazine
mintedmag.com
These sound amazing!! I could not agree with you more about sending thank you notes, and I love that you are involving your son in the process, too! Have a great weekend! Stay warm!
ReplyDeleteThese sound amazing!
ReplyDelete