Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Letter to #2

To my little one,

I’m sorry that I haven’t been writing everything down or taking weekly pictures of my growing bump.  I want you to know that I love you just as much as I did the first bump, but life is just a little crazier this time around.

I feel fantastic again (thank YOU!) with this pregnancy, but didn’t feel that great in the beginning.  Never got sick, but boy did you give me some really bad upset stomachs for a few weeks.  This leads me to believe you might be a girl, but then again, that’s an old wives tale ;)
 
I first felt you move during week 16 – pretty early!  It was a flutter or bubble like feeling and I knew it was you.  Your Daddy was able to feel your movement about a week after.  Although when you kick or move these days, the second he places his hands on my belly, you stop!  But don’t you worry, your big brother did the same thing ;)  Speaking of your big brother, you already seem to love him!  Whenever you’re kicking and I ask him to feel you, you keep on going, putting a show on for him and he loves every minute of it. 

I realized that you haven’t really had the hiccups like your big brother did, but are definitely an acrobat.  You move around quite a bit, sometimes waking me up at night.  I love to feel your movements!  So far, you aren’t a pusher like your big brother was, but more of a gentle stretcher and turner. 

I love spicy food, which typically leaves you pushing/jumping about – sorry!  Come to think of it, I haven’t really had heartburn with you like I did with your brother (not that I want it)… hmmm, maybe you are a girl?!

Speaking of food, my ‘cravings’ (which I don’t believe in… I believe that regardless of the state of your body, if you eat something you like, you’re gonna want more), the things that I eat repeatedly or enjoy more than others are hummus (specifically Falafel Wrap sandwiches at Roti) and cheeseburgers (if I smell one, I can’t be denied… I’m like a floating cartoon to the scent!).  I still have my normal sweet tooth, so that doesn’t count (chocolate, cookies, ice cream and caramel popcorn – YUM!).  I’m really bad at drinking water, so I’ve been drinking a lot of coconut water with you.  I love it!

So with a little over 10 weeks left, your mommy, daddy and big brother are very excited to meet you!  We often wonder what you will look like (will you look like G or maybe one of your parents, considering G doesn’t look like either of us!).  And the big question, are you a boy or a girl?  Your brother thinks you’re a girl and wants to name you Bob the Builder (I promise, that won’t be your name).  Your daddy isn’t sure what you are and often flip flops from one to the other.  I felt pretty strongly your brother was a boy, but can’t seem to get a read on you.  What I do know is we don’t care what you are.  We just want you to be completely healthy and to know how very excited we are to meet you.  You are already loved so very much!


We Love You,
Mommy, Daddy and Big Brother G

No comments:

Post a Comment