For the past 3 weeks, our house has had a revolving door of visitors. Everyone has been very excited to meet the new little girl of the family. Although their visits were one after another, they were each great visits. I appreciated having time to get settled in our new home and with the new little one before everyone starting to come in. Each visit was fun, yet different from one another. Giuliana and Gianni are loved (aka-spoiled) very, very much by their grandparents. Here are a few shots of the grandparents meeting their granddaughter for the first time.
Our 1st visitor and savior… Grandma (my step-mom, Linda). Not only did Grandma come in to help with Giuliana right after she was born, but she bravely volunteered to help us move. Remember, we moved 6 days after Giuliana was born and although I tried to pack as much as I could before her arrival, packing is never really complete until your car is filled with the things you didn’t have the movers move. So needless to say, Grandma did a LOT. We never, ever, ever could have survived the move without my mom’s help. She took a full week off from work to help us and believe me, it was no vacation. I will be forever grateful for her help J
| Grandma |
Next up was Luke’s parents - Mom Mom and Pop Pop. I think I’ve pointed out the fact that L is an only child, but he also comes from a very small family, so his parents are thrilled to have grandchildren. I also mentioned that Giuliana was born on Mom Mom’s birthday so that makes her even more special than she already is. L’s dad made the trip and enjoyed his time with the kids. Although, I’m positive he was happy to head home after spending a week with a very loud 3 year old J
| Mom Mom, L (he'd kill me if he knew this pic was up here...!), G and Pop Pop |
Our next visitor was my mom - Nonna. She was chomping at the bit to get here ASAP, but I persuaded her to postpone her visit. L was heading to Vegas for work (how convenient…!) so I asked her to come in to help me during that time. I was very thankful for the timing of her visit because I would have had my hands quite full. She played and played with Gianni, who by the way is half her height and weight – ha! And yes… that is baby puke on her shoulder. Didn’t see it until the photo was uploaded – sorry mom!
| Nonna |
Last but not least, my dad – Bob Bob. I have to say, Giuliana has him wrapped around her finger. Good girl J By this visit, not only has she mastered her smiles, but she was cooing up a storm. And Gianni, well, all he wanted to do was ‘fight/tackle’ my dad. We had cake for Dad’s birthday (G was adamant that we do this because he wanted to make sure Bob Bob had a birthday party!). Dad said he came to help in the house, so he helped cleanout and organize our garage (thanks!!). I’m waiting for his return visit to help with the basement – ha!
| Bob Bob |
So… that’s where I’ve been the past few weeks. Not silent by any means J
**This post is for my family. I know they’d love to see their pics up here ;)
You have such a beautiful & loving family!!!! xo
ReplyDelete