We are attempting to have a garage sale this Friday. Am I prepared? Not really. Am I sick and tired of seeing a pile of ‘garage sale’ worthy items at the bottom of my stairs in the basement? YES. You see, I saved EVERYTHING from Gianni. I saved it and kept it in a storage unit. So when we moved (and Giuliana was a girl!), I knew a garage sale would be in order. I never knew if baby #2 would be a boy so I saved so much. To put it into perspective, G is now in a size 5T/XS. Does that help you realize just how much stuff I have?! So a couple of weeks ago, I tackled the vacuum sealed bags, sorted everything by size/type and donated a TON. Here’s what that project looked like mid-pile sorting:
I organized everything by size/type and donated quite a bit. I also have some items for consignment. The rest I will attempt to sell at my first garage sale ever this weekend. We have clothes for boys that range from 0-3 months to 4T and baby girl clothes (newborn to 3 months). There are maternity clothes (some I was lucky to sell for great prices on eBay!), baby toys and books, as well as adult books and some furniture. I have no idea how to set up a garage sale (other than group things) or price them (tees X $, pants X $, etc…), so I ask you for any advice you can possibly give me!
If you’ve ever had a garage sale or frequent them, I welcome your input!
Wish me luck!
Make tables of certain prices...$1, $2, $3..etc. But have a method to your madness. Maybe t-shirts and onesies are on the $1. Pants and shorts on the $3 table. Or you could prices them by sizes as well. Otherwise, people will definitely try to pull something over on you. "Oh, I swear I found this on the $1 table!". Put signage up to that describes the items on that table to help avoid that happening. This way you don't have to label everything with price tags!
ReplyDeleteYou are the best, thank you! I didn't feel prepared enough last week (L was traveling), but it's a GO this Friday and Saturday. I'll have to post an update on how it goes :)
Delete