While on maternity leave, I jotted down a bunch of ideas that I wanted to blog about. I’m finally getting some time to actually blog (that first week was a blur). My plan is to share with you things that I am currently obsessed with – products, items, food (I’ll try not to focus on food too much, but I’m a sweet junkie so you’ll have to bear with me if my posts get a little too sugar focused J), etc… So I now present to you… “Obsessed”
My current obsession: Avocado
I have always L-O-V-E-D avocado, but I am seriously obsessed with it right now. If you follow me on Pinterest, you can tell. I cannot get enough of it and have been eating them daily. Yep. Daily. They’re really good for you and are quite filling, so I’ve found them to be the perfect food to eat for lunch. I’ve based my salads around them this week and have been killing it - I mean killing it! Main reason – ripe avocado. So, with a little Pinterst-spiration, I made a knock-my-socks off salad yesterday for work. I forgot to take a photo (silly me), but wanted to share with you my inspiration and how I adjusted it. It really is the perfect summer salad and is absolutely delicious! Here’s my inspiration care of Kalyn’s Kitchen. Now onto what I did…
It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to make this and I never claimed to be a cook, so let me be excited to share with you my yummy summer salad J
Michelle’s Avocado/Tomato Summer Salad
½ cucumber – peeled and cut in bite sized chunks
Tons of cherry tomatoes (care of my wonderful friend, Eva’s garden) – cut in half
1 avocado – bite sized chunks
Salt/Pepper
Cavender’s (if you don’t own it – buy it. It will change your life… at least your salads and veggie’s)
Crumbled goat cheese
Sun-dried tomato toasted almond slivers (Not sure the brand but in the produce dept of my grocery store)
Balsamic/Red Wine vinegar **No oil
Because I was bringing this to work, I had to do some of the work the night before: cut up the cucumber and tomatoes, place in a bowl. Top with goat cheese, almonds and seasoning. Refrigerate. When I was ready to eat the salad, I cut the avocado at my desk and added my dressing.
Sounds delish! Hi, my name is Wendy and I'm an avocado junkie too. Got a fridge full of tomatoes and cucs too!
ReplyDelete1. What is Cavender's?
2. The almonds are "Almond Accents" and their in my cupboard right now as well :)
Great minds, Girl. Great minds.