It has been a big week for Gianni. Two weeks shy of his 4th birthday, my little man has officially started preschool and is learning to ride his bike without training wheels. Luckily, this mama can handle the school piece considering G has been in ‘school’ since 18 months. I shed tears that first day and will mostly likely shed them for kindergarten, but not preschool. With our move earlier this year, this makes G’s 3rd school this year. Luckily he’s proven to be pretty resilient and is excited about being in a Big Boy School! I begged Dad to snap a photo of him this AM (Monday was Open House and doesn’t count – today is official!) and this is what I got:
| Hi Mommy! (leaving for school) |
| LOOK OUT new school... G has arrived! |
As a side note, I have been threatening to take G’s training wheels off for a few weeks now. He’s mastered the Skuut from my brother (taught him balance) so I thought he was ready. I came home from work and said “That’s it! You’re riding your bike without training wheels!”. I whipped out the wrench, took them off and said “Let’s go!” and go he did J
**Pay NO attention to my knock-knees! And YES - we bribed him with a treat/ice cream :)
THIS IS AWESOME SO AWESOME!!!! I did not learn how to ride a two wheeler until like 3rd grade!! I could ride a tiny one like that but not a real size bike. I give G mad props!!!!!
ReplyDeleteWAY TO GO, G!!! You obviously got your coordination from your talented and athletic MOMMY!!!!
ReplyDelete